Thursday, July 28, 2011

Boats!

This afternoon I made little cork boats for the kids. I had originally planned on letting them make the boats themselves but in the end they got to sail them. I followed this tutorial. Very quick and easy.



I did add string to two of the boats and the kids ended up dragging the boats around the backyard. I used skewers because I couldn't for the life of me find toothpicks in the store. I think the heavier mast works out well especially for the larger boats.



Now I just need to find a creek for the kids to sail these in. A mom in my knit group suggested taking them to any of the various fountains around town. Then the kids could walk in the water and pull the boats after them. Good idea.

One funny note. This is, as far as I can remember, my first time using a glue gun. How can that be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next