Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Preparing for our trip

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting much lately. Greg and I are leaving for Europe on Thursday and I've been busy trying to get ready. I will try to post while on the trip. If I'm able to there probably won't be any photos.

I will leave you with these photos. I've been working on the Perfect Pie Shawl from the Weekend Knitting book. The stitch pattern is pretty easy once you figure it out. The pattern itself is not written very well and is really confusing at first. I read a bunch of posts on knittersreview.com aboout people giving up on the shawl.

This shot is half of a wedge. The pattern has 5 wedges. I'm using the recommended yarn, Berrocco Classic Mohair.



Here's a close up of the stitch pattern. I think it looks kind of like alligator skin.



I'm going to take this project with my to Europe. I think three weeks is too long to go without knititng. Also the balls of the mohair are pretty small and lite. I think it's safe to say that I won't be able to finish it before we get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next