Sunday, May 14, 2006

Knitting Catastrophe

Yesterday I discovered a huge error in my knitting project that I can’t show. I do mean huge. I had to pull out the entire thing. I have been working on this for a month and had over eight inches knit. Not to mention it took four tries to cast on the correct number of stitches. Always read the pattern twice before casting on. Double check the number of stitches to cast on and make sure you’re using the correct needle size. I won't be discouraged though. I cast on three or four times for Lady Eleanor and looked hot great she turned out. But, so much for working on my mom’s sweater anytime soon.

To distract you (and myself) I thought I’d show you some more results from my dyeing session last weekend. One of the projects that I didn’t show you was some Koigu I dyed. I know what you’re saying. Koigu natural is just as expensive as the dyed stuff and Koigu know how to dye yarn so what’s the point? Here’s the point:



The photo doesn’t show the yarn’s true colors. This is definitely my best dyeing yet. I don't know what Koigu does to their yarn but it really takes dye well. I’m looking forward to making some socks!

Here’s photo of two other skeins I dyed last weekend. These are going to make some funky socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next