Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe today is the first day of 2009. 2008 flew by. I was just looking at last year's resolutions. Wow. I really tanked. I didn't finish any sweaters and I only finished one additional pair of socks for my mom. I never took a quilting class. I did clean out the second bedroom and Greg is painting it right now. I did a fair job with dinners and spent as much time as I could in the garden. I didn't use any of my fiber stash but I did sell some of it. Oh yeah, I didn't make any ornaments or an advent calendar. And we won't discuss my stash acquisition.

Moving on to 2009! I don't think I'll be making any real resolutions this year. I am going to mostly focus on small projects. No adult size sweaters. It'll mostly be socks, baby knits and toddler knits. I will continue to limit my yarn buying. Although I do have two yarn shop gift cards and a PayPal credit burning holes in my pocket. Clara Parkes had an interesting article on stash acquisition this week. I think I'll use it as my guide this year.

As for the house I'll continue what I started last year. I've got to keep at cooking more diverse dinners. And I need to keep working in the yard. We discovered late in the summer that The Little Guy loves to eat stuff growing in the yard. That means more veggies in the garden this year!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Hi, Jenn!
So you're expecting a baby girl now!
Will must be excited waiting for his baby sister.In wich month she will be born? I wish you all the best, my friend.

1/13/2009 08:18:00 AM  
Blogger J said...

Hello Ana Paula! Our girl is expected at the end of April. We are very excited! Will has mixed feelings about his new sister. :) Take care!

1/21/2009 08:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next