Monday, January 04, 2010

Jumping on the bandwagon

2009 seemed to be the year of the small shawl knit with sock yarn. The biggest of these small shawls was Ishbel. Now that 2009 is over I'm casting on!



This is a bad photo but the color is pretty accurate. I'm using Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Sock in truffle. It's a superwash merino with some cashmere in it.

I've put aside my Icarus shawl for a little while. The thin yarn and the tiny needles are just too much right now. Ishbel is the shawl I should have cast on in the first place and I knew it at the time. I just really wanted to use the maroon yarn. The brown of the Serenity Sock isn't what I'd visualized but Melanie deserves cashmere. This shawl is going so much quicker then Icarus. I may actually be able to finish this one is a decent amount of time.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger melissaella said...

ja_macd,

While browsing through some photos through everyphotostock.com, I found your picture entitled, My First Shot, to be exactly what I needed for a project. I would like to talk with you about the Licensing Deed through Creative Commons and let you know more about what I'm working on. If you could, please email me at mcastloo@enviromedia.com. Thanks!

Sorry, I was unable to track down your email or I wouldn't have posted on an unrelated subject.

1/06/2010 02:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next