Sunday, August 21, 2005

Dyeing Roving

Well, I think my first go at dyeing was a success. I won’t bore you with all the photos. I’ll just show some highlights. You can see all the photos at my flickr account .

I’ll start with the final product. I was hoping for more of a peachy color but I think it'll lighten up when I draft it.



Here’s the roving just after I added the dye.



Here’s the roving the morning after, washing.



I learned a lot from on this trial run. The big one is to mix the dye first so that it can cool off before you apply it to the roving. Also I shouldn’t be afraid of making the colors too dark. More is better.

I’m hoping to spin up this roving this week. And, I can’t wait until Friday night to dye again!!

Sheba prefers it when I just sit around and knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next