Sunday, July 17, 2005

Lately

I haven’t been doing much knitting lately. I’ve been lucky to get three to four rows a night done of my Beginner’s Triangle. Even at the slow speed I did manage to get to the half way point this afternoon. I’ve now started decreasing. That means I should start making quicker progress.



And here’s a close up of the corner...



So what has been taking up all my time? I’m so glad you asked!

This has been taking up so much of my time lately...



I got her a few weeks ago at the Fiber Arts Northwest going out of business sale. I’ve since signed up for a class through Northwest Wools and have begun spinning. I can’t say that I’ve been too successful yet.

Here’s my best "yarn" yet. You might recognize it from an earlier post .



I couldn’t wait any longer so I knit up a swatch with it



Note the lovely twists in the yarn. I do have to say this is far better then my first attempt which can only be called rope.

In the last class we got to use all sorts of fibers, including four types of silk. The silk went from the lowest quality to the highest. It was really nice to work with. I also got to use merino wool, mohair and raw wool. I ended up with an odd assortment on my spindle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next