Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Look!

It's my first skein of yarn! Last week I plied the all the fiber that I spun during the first month of spinning class. There are all sorts of fiber in here including several types wool and silk, camel, buffalo, quivet, flax, soy, angora, alpaca, mohair and even possum. The instructor swears that possum is considered a good fiber in Australia.



I washed it this weekend and I now have 64 yards of thin to bulky yarn. I think I'm going to make some sort of wall hanging with it. I think it's too fragile to make anything that would be worn.

I'm retaking the class so that I can play with all the fun and unusual fibers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Hiya, I think possum is loved by New Zealanders as they are an introduced pest over there. They are a protected native animal in Australia. They do have a lovely soft pelt. :-)
Cheers
Claire

8/20/2005 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

I took the spinning class at Northwest Wools in Multnomah Village. It's a great class in a great shop.

9/26/2005 08:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next