Sunday, November 27, 2005

Third Time’s the Charm

Sigh. I shouldn’t try to knit new patterns when I’m sick. Charlotte has been a bit more complicated then she should have been. First, I decided that the size 17 needles I was using weren’t giving me the right gauge. I went on an emergency needle run on Thanksgiving Eve. Thankfully Michael’s is open late and carries a pretty good supply of needles.

The second time I got to the point in the pattern where I was supposed to switch to the smaller needles and I couldn’t figure out why I too many stitches. Well it helps to read the instructions correctly and to remember that when it says to repeat pattern for 18 rows, you need to turn your row counter back to zero. And not start from row 8. Too bad I didn’t figure this out until after I’d frogged the whole thing. Sigh.



Next time I’m sick, I’m going to work on Clapotis. That pattern has become second nature.

Mom’s Clapotis update. I finally bit the bullet and washed my mom’s Clapotis. It took four rinses to get it so the dye wouldn’t keep washing out.



I had hoped that washing it would even out the colors more but there is still the stripes where the yarn got darker and then lighter again. In the end, I think the colors are lighter but my mom still liked it and that’s all that matters.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there J Mac, I was just browsing, looking for free knitting patterns related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a free knitting patterns site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

12/01/2005 03:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog J Mac. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for how to knit related information and found your site. I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think
and enjoy!

12/02/2005 01:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next