Sunday, October 16, 2005

Still Waiting

I’m still waiting on the green yarn to dye. I’ve been thwarted in my plan to dry it more quickly; it hasn’t been that cold this weekend. The heat hasn’t been on much. As much as I may want to, I’m not going to turn the heat up in an attempt to dry my yarn.

In the meantime I’ve gone back to working on the purple and pink pinwheel blanket.



Last night I tried knitting gauge swatches with my new yarn from Mystical Creations. I noticed really quickly that the darker dyes were coming off on my hands and the needles. And, since my fingers were dirty the lighter color of dyes started to get muddy. I want to make mom a Clapotis and I’m not going to use that will dye her sken. I thought about soaking the yarn in vinegar water but decided to email Mystical Creations instead. Hopefully I’ll hear back from them. I’m certainly not going to order any more yarn from them until I do.

It’s been a good day. I’ve knit, worked in the yard, started tiling the master bath and updated my blog. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next