Saturday, January 07, 2006

Secret Pal 7

I finally signed up for a Secret Pal. I missed Secret Pal 6 because what I thought was the due date for signing up was actually the day they sent out your pal's info.

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

1. Am I a yarn snob? Yes, I guiltily admit I am a yarn snob. I don’t like Red Heart or Lion Brand but I do like Knit Picks.

2. I do spin and I want to learn to crochet but don’t have the time right now.

3. I try to keep my needles in a Tupperware container in their original packaging.

4. As of New Year’s Eve I’ve been knitting for two years. I consider myself an intermediate knitter. I like to try new techniques.

5. I have an amazon wish list. I better go check what’s on it.

6. I love citrus but I’m really sensitive to smells and perfumes.

7. I do have a sweet tooth. I like chocolate and jelly belly jelly beans.

8. I love to dye yarn! I haven't had much time lately but I love making color. I also just got a sewing machine for Christmas. I’d like to use it to make skirts and handbags. Although, right now the do-it-yourself craft that I’m into the most is making my wedding invitations (don’t ask how it’s going). We are also currently remodeling our house and doing all of the finish work ourselves.

9. I think the music I like would be considered pop but I don’t like the current top 40 stuff (i.e. Britney Spears). I love all things Neil Finn. I also like the Cowboy Junkies, Annie Lennox, and Angela McCloskey. I don’t think my stereo plays MP3s but my computer does.

10. I like greens, blues and purple the most. I’m trying to branch out into other colors. I’m actually starting to like red. I’m not a big fan of pastels.

11. I just got engaged in December and we have two cats. I have a 17 years young Siamese named Sheba who is sitting on my lap as I type this.

12. I wear scarves, mittens and ponchos. And shawls and sweaters and wraps.

13. I don't really have a favorite yarn. I've liked most of the yarns I've worked with except Rowan's Summertweed.

14. There aren’t any fibers that I don’t like. Even acrylic has its place.

15. My current knitting obessions are ponchos, capellettes and wraps. Right now I love Wrap Style.

16. I don’t have a favorite item to knit. Although I’m not a big fan of seaming but I’m learning to like it.

17. I just started the Nordic Lights poncho from Wrap Style.

18. Yes, I like to receive handmade gifts.

19. I like both straight and circular needles.

20. Bamboo needles are my favorite but I also like wood and metal.

21. I now own both a yarn winder and a swift.

22. My grandma taught me years ago. When I decided I wanted to learn again I got Knitting for Dummies and relearned.

23. My oldest UFO is at least a year old but I’m not sure which one it is.

24. My favorite animated character is the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland.

25. My favorite holiday is St. Patrick’s Day because it’s a non-commercial holiday and I get to wear green.

26. I’m sure there are but all my collectables have been in storage so long I’ve forgotten about them.

27. I have subscriptions to Interweaves Knit, Vogue and Rowan.

28. I’m really curious about Rowan’s new Classic line of patterns. Oh! And the Tahki Patterns Fall 2005 Collection has some great looking patterns.

29. I just started my first Fair Isle project. I want to try intarsia next.

30. I’m not a sock knitter, although I’ve been working on my first pair for my fiancée.

31. My birthday is 11/14.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Hi! Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you enjoy spoiling your pal, and being spoiled too!

Shelby

1/23/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

I sent out my Pal's first package last week. I had a lot of fun putting it together and then reading her reaction. I also got my first package today and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks for organizing the the exchange!

1/23/2006 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next