Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Change in plans

Yesterday I finished my honeymoon Jaywalker socks (photos tomorrow)! I even weaved in the ends last night. Usually I put off weaving in the ends.

This morning on the bus ride into work I cast on my green Jaywalker socks. I didn’t get very far before I realized the Sunshine Yarns that I was using wasn’t super wash. I can’t give a pair of hand wash only socks as a gift! At least, not without asking which would give away the surprise.



Instead I’m going to knit the Jaywalkers in some of the Lorna’s Laces that have in the Vera colorway. I hope she likes the colors. It's a couple shades of olive green with purple and brown.



Fortunately the black, white and silver skein from Sunshine Yarns is super wash. I don't have any other colors that I think the receiver of this pair would really like in super wash. After I give her this pair and can find out how wild she's willing to go and if she's willing to hand wash socks.

Since I hate casting on I’m going put the green Jaywalkers aside until I finish with the other two gift pairs and come back to them eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next