Friday, October 06, 2006

My first meme

When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? Or in a class?
I taught myself to knit socks. My friend Adina said they were really easy to knit so I decided to give it a try.

What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
My first socks were the Comfy socks from knitscene. I picked them because they were knit with chunky yarn. Unfortunately G felted them the first time he washed them and I haven’t seen him wear them since (but I just asked him and he says now that it’s getting cooler he’ll be wearing them again).

What would you have done differently?
I would’ve used superwash wool instead.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
I’ve liked all the yarns that I’ve knit socks with. The yarn I’m using now is fun because I dyed it myself.

Do you like to crochet your socks? Or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
So far I’ve only knit socks on dpns. I’ve never used the Magic Loop method or knit toe up.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
All the socks I’ve knit have had the same type of heel. I’m not sure but I think they’ve all been short row.

How many pairs have you made?
I’m working on pair six. I'm still kind of new to sock knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next