Sunday, March 15, 2009

More bread

I've made several more loaves of sandwich bread since my last post about bread. It looks like we go through about two loaves in a week and a half. My friend Whitfield found a recipe for Country Seed Bread.



This is my second loaf of the bread. It's a bit too seedy for me but it doesn't require room temperature butter (it's hard for me to think too far ahead these days). Both times I've found the dough to be very sticky and have added the extra 1/4 cup of flour.

I just realized today was very productive. Tomorrow I'll show you what I finished this evening.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that i didn't have poppy seeds to use in it, eh? Sorry!

i'll tweak the measurements the next time, and i'll report my results in an update.

hugs,
whit

3/16/2009 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger J said...

Actually, I think there's too many flax seeds. Next time I'll use a smaller amount. Although there's certainly plenty of poppy seeds too.

3/16/2009 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, gotcha! In our house, we can never get enough flax seeds. We put them in everything to help Nona with her "problem". :o)

I wonder what it would be like with sunflower seeds instead? More "dakota-ish"?

3/17/2009 06:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next