Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Letter of the week - A



Last week The Boy started pre-preschool. Nothing too ambitious, just an hour and a half twice a week. When I dropped him off today I found out they would be concentrating on a letter a week.

This got me all excited and as soon as I got home I searched the web for Letter A crafts. I've found quite a few that I want to try. We'll see how much actually gets done in my sleep deprived state. I did manage to serve him applesauce for lunch. It's a start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the Crafty Crow is a really good homeschooling resource if y ou haven't found it already. :o)

when you're making your bread, you could have him practice writing the letter with his fingers in the extra flour left on the counter where all your kneading occurred. :o)

we're using this great book with Riona this year too that's a great pre-reading tool: The Ordinary Parents Guide to Reading. Lib should have it.

good luck!
love,
whit

9/22/2009 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

Crafty Crow was the first place I looked. Another good one is No Time for Slash Cards (she often featured on CC).

Next week is B so I thought I'd let him help make the bread. Assuming I'm back to baking by then.

I'll have to check the book out.

9/22/2009 06:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next