Monday, March 08, 2010

Another year long project done

When I cast on these basic socks for my Mom I knew it would take me awhile to finish them. They were an easy project to keep on hand for some mindless knitting. At first they went pretty quickly. Then other projects came up but I kept coming back to these socks.

Then I realized I wasn't going to have enough yarn to actually finish the pair. That's when knitting pretty much stopped. It wasn't that I didn't have the yarn, I did. I had more of the same yarn in a different colorway leftover from my my Mom's monkey socks. I just wasn't sure how to join the new yarn without having to weave in the ends. I finally got the help I needed as was able to finish off the pair.

According to Ravelry, I cast on for these on March 7, 2009. A year and a day. How funny. The sock pattern is Yarn Harlot's Sock Recipe: A good, plain sock. The yarn is Zen Yarn Garden's discontinued Cotton Sock Yarn in Ocean Lime and a little bit of Guava Jelly.

If I had these to do over I'd make the leg shorter and the foot longer.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous | Next