Thursday, March 23, 2006

Revealed

This evening I “revealed” myself to my secret pal. She posted a photo of the third package so I left a comment on her blog. Now that she knows who I am, I can post photos of what I sent her.



It was a fun challenge. Ellie , my pal, requested vegan self-striping sock yarn. My first thought (and I am oh so embarrassed to admit this) was “Great! Sheep are vegan.” Then I thought that seemed way too easy. Of course she meant sock yarn with no animal products. Doh!

Once I realized what she wanted, my first thought was of Crazy Cotton as I have some in my stash. I went to Yarn Garden and got their last three balls (phew). I looked around and you'd be amazed at how many sock yarns have wool in them (almost all of them). I also found that Blue Moon Fibers has a cotton/synthetic blend but I can’t remember the name of the yarn.

I really enjoyed my Secret Pal experience. I will probably sign up again in the winter. In the meantime, I will wait for my pal to reveal herself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenn! You rock!

3/24/2006 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

Thanks Ellie! I'm so glad you liked everything.

3/24/2006 08:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next