Monday, May 29, 2006

Summer of Stash

I joined the Summer of Stash knit-a-long where you buy no new yarn all summer and only knit with yarn from your stash. This is going to be a tough one, but I think it'll be good for me.

Here are the rules:
1. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, no yarn purchases allowed. You must knit only from stash.
2. Each SoS team member may have up to two exceptions to their rule this summer. For example, if you find us after Memorial Day, you are welcome to join later, and simply designate a later start date as your exception.
3. Challenge yourself to reduce your stash in creative or generous ways. Share your projects and ideas with other SoS-ers.
4. Rules apply only to yarn purchases. Books, patterns, and needles/notions needed to complete projects are allowed and encouraged if it gets you through the summer.
5. Plan and post about special Post-Labor Day Reward.

My exceptions are:
1. Anything bought on my honeymoon, of course that doesn’t count.
2. Any emergency gift projects that come up where I absolutely can’t use anything from my stash.

My Challenges:
1. Finish my mom’s sweater.
2. Start another sweater using yarn from my extensive Rowan Summer Tweed Collection.
3. Knit socks using any of the pounds of sock yarn I’ve dyed recently.

My Reward:
Oh yeah! I respond really well to rewards. My reward is that I get to buy as much Koigu as I need to make the skirt from the cover of Vogue. This is perfect! It’s Koigu and a skirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next