Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stockholm Yarn

Today, on our last day in Sweden, I finally found a yarn shop that was open. I had already seen a couple of them but they were always closed. Actually I found two open shops today. I even bought some yarn.

I bought a hank of red hand dyed wool that should be enough for a good sized shawl. Pictures will have to wait until I get home. I also bought two Scandinavian pattern books. That patterns are in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish but the sweaters are super cute. I'm looking forward to trying a couple of the sweater vests.

The second shop looked as if they dyed there own yarn, on site. There were three purple hanks drying on the sign outside (pictures next week). I went in but the women in the shop was busy with another customer. I didn't have time to ask her about the yarn. None of the yarn that looked hand dyed was labeled. I'm not good enough with yarn to be able to tell by site how much is in a skein.

In knitting news, I finished Jaywalker #1 and cast on #2. And I haven't lost any more needles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next