Friday, July 09, 2010

Car knitting



We took a day trip up to Mt St Helens today. It was a spur of the moment trip. On the way up I worked on my Chevron Scarf. On the way back I worked on the Catseat Blanket. About halfway home I got to a point where I needed to measure the blanket and discovered I didn't have my measuring tape in my bag. And, of course, the scarf was in the trunk. I dug around in my bag and found another project.



This is the Lacy Baktus by Terhi Montonen in Malabrigo Sock in the Caribeno colorway. This was one of those yarns that looked beautiful in the skein. The different shades of blue and purple melted me. Then I balled the yarn up and thought WTF! The color repeats are so short! All the projects I looked at on line showed really bad pooling. I thought I'd try this pattern since its knit from side to side and in garter stitch. I admit I'm not 100% happy with the way it's turning out but I needed some car knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next