Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sock Summit Challenge

I was at the Knitting and Crochet Show back in September when Cat Borhdi announced the Sock Summit. I was so excited! It was going to be here in Portland! It was going to be in August 2009! It was going to feature the who's who of the sock knitting world. I won't tell you how long or how hard Greg laughed when I told him that. And I was going to have a three month old! Wait a minute.

Needless to say, I was sad. I knew there was no way I was going to take any classes. But they're going to have a marketplace. And I can take a three month old to a marketplace. Here's my challenge - to see how many adult socks I can knit between now and August 6. For each sock (not pair) I get to buy a skein of sock yarn at the summit.

I say each sock and not pair because I don't doubt I can get more then two pair done (that's only two new skeins of yarn). These are adult socks and I have to continue down my sock check list. I can't keep making the stockinette socks until the summit. Although that might be a good way to get rid of some stash. I looked and the next pair after my Mom's basic socks is another pair of "Thuja-Walkers" for Greg. I should be able to get relatively far on these two easy patterns in four months. Maybe.

Speaking of my Mom's basic socks... I've made some progress on the first sock. I've been trying to keep these handy for when The Boy decides to play on his own. I was worried about the pooling in the cuff but I really like how the leg is all stripey.



Enough typing! I gotta go knit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next