Monday, January 31, 2005

Yarn News

I think I finally found a project worthy of that wonderful hand dyed yarn Lorna’s Lace at Mabel's. It’s the Gothic Leaf Stole from the Knitting Pattern a Day calendar (Jan. 28th). The pattern calls for a fingerling weight yarn. Mabel’s has Lorna’s in what I think is fingerling weight. Isn’t fingerling, sport and sock yarn all about the same gauge? Anyway, I’m not going to get the yarn anytime soon but… I’m adding it to my "to do" list.

I also discovered that Koigu’s wonderful yarn can be used for the cowl in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. And it’ll only take 2 skeins! I must thank Brainy Lady for pointing this out to me. This yarn comes in all sorts of beautiful colors. This project has shot to the top of my "to do" list. I think it would be a pretty quick project!

And in other yarn news... I was in contact with Adrian of hello yarns over the weekend. She’s going to spin some yarn just for me! I’m not sure what colors yet but I want to use it to make the Falling Leaves Poncho. Her yarn is also wonderful beyond words. I’m also waiting (3 weeks and counting) for yarn to come in so that I can make her One Baaad Poncho.

Now time for news on yarn I actually have. Not only did I do a gauge swatch out of the Great Adirondack yarn but I started the poncho! It’s going really quickly! I worked on it a few hours last night and it’s already about 5" long. There’s something to be said for thick yarn on big needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next