Monday, January 10, 2005

My knit-less Weekend

I didn’t get much knitting done this weekend. I did however, order and buy more yarn. The first step is admitting I have a problem.

I ordered 6 skeins of Cascade 220 Tweed in a light grey. I’m going to use it to make the One Baaad Poncho from helloyarn.com. I ordered it from Northwest Wools, one of my favorite yarn shops. My friend Julie gave me a gift certificate from them for my birthday. It should cover just about half of the yarn price.

Then I also bought 5 balls of Rowan Chunky Print in Pebble Dash (#0078). It’s for another poncho called Rectangle2 by Nicholette Hoyer. It’s a simple 3x2 rib poncho made from 2 rectangles. I decided to splurge on the yarn because I had a gift certificate from my boss (he’s a great boss!) to Yarn Garden and I also had some yarn to return. It also helps that the yarn didn’t cost as much as I thought. The only problem is that the yarn is a bit thinner than what the pattern calls for and my #15 circular needles are currently being used for my Herringbone poncho.

Speaking of my Herringbone poncho, I discovered that I dropped a stitch a couple of inches back. Because of the stitch pattern I’m not sure how to pick it up. Sigh. I’m going to have to wait until Wednesday night for open knitting at Yarn Garden to get some help.

What am I going to work on in the meantime? Perhaps one of the several sweaters I have already started.

I’ve been thinking a lot about ponchos lately. I’d like to do something similar to the rectangle one but with two strands of Manos del Uruguay together. That would make for some amazing and colors combos.

So many ponchos and great yarn, so little time and money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next