Monday, January 03, 2005

Well... 2005 is here.

It's hard to believe another year has gone by. I spent the weekend on my Herringbone Poncho. I've finally got through the first skein of yarn. Something tells me this project is going to take awhile. It is now 11" long. I think it's supposed to be like 58". And it's only taken me how long so far? I also discovered it's not quite wide enough. It's supposed to be 25" but it's only about 23". I think blocking will fix some of that.

I finally finished my first Airy Scarf this weekend. It looks a little funny. I'm going to try blocking it and see how it looks. I even started my second one. We'll see how this one goes.

Last Thursday Adina and I got together for some knitting and catching up. We went to Mabel's Café, a knitting café near Adina's. They had some beautiful hand dyed yarns (www.lornaslaces.net). I kept getting distracted from my project by all the wonderful colors. I was coming up with all sorts of projects to make with the yarn. The colors were just so amazing. Although, even more amazing was that I didn't leave the shop with any. I wanted to be sure I had a project that was fitting of the yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next