Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This I can handle



Here's most of our share of this week's farm bag. Rhubarb, broccoli, beets, beans, lettuce and an onion (not in the picture). The broccoli has already been eaten and I'm looking forward to the beets.

I did pretty well with last week's items. The bok choy went bad before I could cook it and the lettuce had an accident (I forgot to out it back in the produce drawer). I even ate most of the kohlrabi. It was... eh. Next time I'll try if with some ranch dressing.

Tomorrow afternoon is the Farmer's Market. I want to get some more rhubarb for another crisp and we're out of strawberries. We can't stop The Boy from picking and then not eating the unripe strawberries from the backyard.

In knitting news - this is a knitting blog after all - I've been making progress on my mom's second Basic Sock. It is so dull I can't wait to be done. I'm on the trim of a baby blanket that I haven't blogged about yet. Pictures soon.

I've decided to put the blacksmith socks aside for now. I don't like how they're pooling. I'm waiting on yarn to knit a baby blanket for a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next