Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Finally...

The yarn shop called and my yarn finally came in! Who knew it would take a month and a half to get some Cascade 220? I’m going to pick it up tomorrow night. The yarn shop has banker’s hours (they close at 5:30 most nights and aren’t open on Sunday)! Of course I won’t be able to start the project right away and Greg is going to give me a hard time for buying more yarn and I probably don’t need another poncho anyway. But, at least I’ll be using a gift certificate and I have a project in mind.

I really want to learn to do lace. There are some beautiful shawls out there that I want to do. I need to find a good beginner pattern. Preferably something smaller, that didn’t take a lot of yarn. I’ve seen patterns that took 1000 yds. Although Knit Picks does have the right yarn for under $4 a skein.

Anyway, I shouldn’t be thinking about new projects. I have plenty of in progress projects to think about.

Last night I discovered that my mom’s sweater is now covered in a fine layer of dust. Greg sanded the wood floors and for some reason, I didn’t think it would be that dusty. I should have covered everything! There is a fine layer of dust everywhere. And it’s not the easy to clean dust either. Hey! Some dust is easier to clean then others! This is like the drywall dust.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Hi there... Last Minute Knitted Gifts has a little scarf that's lace, it's supposed to be a good intro and doesn't use much yarn. I want to try lace too, and I bought yarn from Knitpicks.com for it -- one hank of their Shimmer or Alpaca clous is only about $4 and contains enough yarn for the pattern. Good luck with whatever lace pattern you try out!

Heide

2/20/2005 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

I've done the "Airy Scarf" from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and really liked it. I guess I'm looking for something a little harder. I've been thinking about ordering from knit picks. I'd like to get one of each of their yarns to experiment with. :)

2/23/2005 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next