Sunday, February 13, 2005

I finished something!

Okay, so I didn’t finish, finish something. But I did finish the first rectangle of my poncho!

Instead of plowing into the second panel, I decided to work some on my mom’s sweater. I was farther along then I thought. I’m almost done shaping the shoulders. I’m using Rowan Summer Tweed which isn’t the easiest yarn to work with. Cotton and silk don’t blend well and isn’t very soft. It's got a lot of woody bits in it and it has a strong smell. The nice thing is that dropped stitches don’t fall out. The stitch just sits there for you to pick up with the needle. Also I was told it would soften after the first washing.

Once I finish the back, I’ll do the second panel of my poncho. Then I’ll actually finish something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next