Friday, February 01, 2008

Making Bread

On Tuesday my neighbor gave me starter to make Amish Friendship Bread. She also left me a couple of slices as a sample. Let me tell you, it's cake. Not bread. Making the bread from the starter is a ten day process. Today is Day Five when I add to the starter.



In five more days I'll be able to make two loaves bread. I will still have enough starter to pass along to three people and keep some for myself to start the process all over again. My goal is to see how long I can go for. I have no idea what I'm going to do with two loaves of this cake every ten days (or the left over starter). That's a lot of bread.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mactutis said...

You are a better woman that i, MacD! I received some of that starter for Cmas, and i just couldn't do it. After seeing how much bread i got the first time, i couldn't eat that much bread every ten days!! Good luck on your quest! (It is quite tasty with chocolate Jello and hazelnuts!!) :o)

2/04/2008 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

Well... We'll see how long I last. I didn't realize how much stuff goes into the bread.

2/05/2008 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mactutis said...

That's exactly why i quit at my first two loaves. If we ate that much bread (and that much Jello), then i figured what was the point in going to Weight Watchers. I'd just sign up for the next episode of "The 700,000 pound Woman". ;)

Looks tasty! Keep the L.G. pictures comin'--Nona and i are LOVIN' 'em!!

2/08/2008 05:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link
Previous | Next